Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year/New season!!!

Today is the first day of the year, well kinda the second day of the year because it is so late. Anyway, this day marks a year of a new season. I have 3 younger sisters, Ryleigh, Mandy, and Rivers. I love my family and I couldn't live with out them!!
I have a dream to become a firefighter/paramedic. Had this dream sense I was 15. It all started at a school function where we had to watch these movies... There was this mother of two of the kids and she started talking about this Explorers class in Denton they had for teenagers who wanted to learn about the fire world. Instantly, I became interested! So we went and tried the class out. My first class was in December of 2009. I loved it! It was at station 6 we learned about ladders, I still remember. Also I remember the smells from my first meeting, crazy right? From there after 8 meetings we got to start riding out with Denton fire station as an explorer, basically a rider, someone who just watches. I still remember my first call. It was in a trailer park and the people smelled smoke and it ended up being a melted plastic fork in the dishwasher. Haha! So ever sense Explorers I have wanted to be a firefighter/paramedic!
I also ride out with Watauga Fire station. It all started with one day I was working at my dad's old car lot off of Denton Hwy. All the sudden I heard a car wreck at the intersection, it was very minor but I do remember watching the fire men load the patients in the ambulance. That day I emailed the chief and asked if I could ride out. I have been riding out with Watauga sense October of 2010.
I received my EMT the spring of 2012. And now I am in paramedic school and I will finish in December of this year!! YAY! I am going to use this blog to tell a story of my journey though the next year. It will a crazy and rough ride. How do I know that? I have been in class sense August, with my crazy class mates. We have two teachers, Mr Ericson and Mr. McDonald. I love them both. They are completely different in the way they teach and they make class very difficult but they are amazing in what they do!! I also have several class mates, each one is unique in there own special way. We have lost at least 5 so far which is crazy. But I know we will get through this next year. Can't wait to share some crazy stories!
I am not sure how everything will work out but that is up to God. Sometimes we have to go back and remember what started the dream!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you have a blog! I will be sure to follow you!! Your dream is coming true...I am very proud of you! Keep going...and keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete